Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Date Night

Friday, I landed in Russia.  Ryan planned a much needed Date Night.  Relaxing dinner of wine, salad, and pizza at ilForno.  Dessert and drinks at GQ Bar.  It was a perfect "welcome back" evening.

Welcome Back Bouquet.
It had a rough ride from the airport. 

Before leaving the hotel.  Modeling our Russian fur hats.

Window picture from our dinner table.  

Moscow may not be my favorite city, mainly because we have an abusive relationship in regards to the temperatures.  But, I will admit, it is probably the most beautiful city at night.  

After dessert at GQ, I insisted we walk back to the hotel.  I wanted to catch the various landmarks at night.  I still pause every time I see Saint Basil's Cathedral.  

At this point, I was getting pretty cold, but my head was still warm.  No taxi, did not give in, I was determined to get pictures.

Gum (pronounced goom) Department Store.
*Sidenote- I really need to figure out how to type in Russian, so you can see the Russian characters.

Spasskaya Clock Tower 
My brother needs to come here and take some professional photos.   My pictures do no justice. 

State Historical Museum.  

Bolshoi Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment