Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Power Outage a Day....

Power Outage a Day, doesn't keep the doctor away, but it does remind you where you are living....

The winds began Monday, early afternoon, and continued to gain strength.  I took Macy out for her afternoon potty break, and was almost blown away.  I sent Ryan a text, "Macy and I were almost blown away.  True Story."  Ryan then forwarded an email, "Storm Warning."  Bora winds were on their way, hurricane strength winds, secure doors and windows (no mention of securing wives and dogs during potty breaks).  When Ryan arrived home from work Monday, he asked if I got his email, and if I had heard the wind sirens.  Sirens?  I mistook them for another Lada (Russian car) alarms.  The winds continued to howl Monday night (short power outage while we were sleeping) and into Tuesday.  Another power outage, this time while making dinner.

Here is where I would like to make a few key points:

1. I have never felt wind this strong.
2. I would like to give credit to whomever fixed our broken power wires.  I did not expect to have power on until today (Wednesday), but some brave soul, went out in the winds, and successfully returned power to our building around midnight.
3. I never knew I would find so much entertainment opportunity during power outages.....


No electricity, but you have a watch, the sun, and an overeager dog.....

Determined to catch that spot....

I will worry about cleaning slobber off the wall and floors later.....

Not too bad for dinner during a power outage.  Earlier in the day, I chose to make the ham in the crock pot, and a cold green bean salad.  By the time the power went out, ham was done, and salad was chilled.  Only thing missing, roasted potatoes, they never made it to the oven.... 

After our evening without power, I was off to the gym this morning.  I was super pumped to have power, highly caffeinated (many, many coffees this morning, I was feeling a bit drowsy after lousy sleep thanks to all the wind), and ready for my run.  I get to the locker room, changing my shoes, and.........THE POWER GOES OUT!  Well, third day of winds, third power outage, I can manage.  I will go home and work out in our home gym.
 
I finish my kettle bell, and ab workout, go to the kitchen to refill my water bottle, and return to find this.....
  "You seemed to be having so much fun, I wanted to see what this was all about."  
The wind is still blowing strong, the windows of our apartment are still whistling, but our power is still on.   But, seriously, the wind can stop anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment